- 2019-05-22 to 2019-05-23 On 22-23 May, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the OECD Ministerial Council Meeting in Paris
- 2019-05-22 On 22 May at 1:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas participates in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-05-22 to 2019-05-24 On 22-24 May, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius visits Ukraine
- 2019-05-23 On 23 May, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting of the diplomatic service‘s working group for economy at the MFA
- 2019-05-24 On 24 May, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė participates in political consultations in Helsinki
Vilnius celebrates its birthday, congratulates São Paulo on its 465th anniversary
On 25 January, Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania, is celebrating its 696th birthday. On the same day, São Paulo marks its 465th anniversary. The population of São Paulo is estimated at over 12 million residents. It is the biggest city of Latin America.
More than 40,000 Lithuanians emigrated to Brazil in the first half of the last century. The local Lithuanians have also contributed to the economic and demographic growth of São Paulo.
In the evening of 16 February 2018, in token of friendship, São Paulo lit up five iconic objects in yellow, green, and red on the occasion of the centennial of the restoration of the state of Lithuania. Today, thanks to the efforts of Lithuania’s Consulate General in São Paulo, the city received a gift from Vilnius - a video greeting for São Paulo.