- 2019-06-26 On 26 June at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-06-26 On 26 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-06-26 On 26 June at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of the United Arab Emirates
- 2019-06-27 On 27 June at 10.00 a.m., the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė participates in political consultations with the delegation of Malta
- 2019-06-28 On 28 June at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Members of the European Parliament
The Brexit withdrawal agreement includes the protection of citizens' rights and the UK-EU security partnership that are of importance for Lithuania
On 19 November, the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) prepared the special meeting of the European Council (Art. 50). In addition, Ministers exchanged views on the draft Brexit withdrawal agreement.
The Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius noted that Lithuania was satisfied with the results achieved by the negotiators, in particular as regards the protection of citizens' rights, the financial settlement, and a transition period.
"It is important to include in the declaration the ambitious future ties between the EU and the UK, and their close partnership that is of great importance for Lithuania in the fields of external security, foreign affairs, and defense," said A. Zananavičius. He also emphasized that Lithuania would like to see the unique status of the UK as an EU partner in regards to the Common Foreign and Security Policy and the Common Security and Defence Policy. The close cooperation is also significant in countering cyber threats, hybrid threats, and disinformation.
At the end of the transitional period, Lithuania promotes better coordination of social security systems, the mutual recognition of professional qualifications, citizens mobility, and judicial cooperation in civil matters.
Lithuania also hopes to reach a common agreement on road transport, air transport and aviation security, police cooperation, judicial cooperation in criminal and civil matters.