- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations with Egyptian officials
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending an international high-level trade policy conference “Global Trade – what is in it for us?” at the National Gallery of Art
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is chairing a meeting of the European Committee under the Government of Lithuania
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 9:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Austrian Ambassador Yvonne Toncic-Sorinj
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Kyrgyz Foreign Minister Chingiz Aidarbekov
The 85th anniversary of the flight by S. Darius and S. Girėnas solemnly celebrated in Northwest Poland
On 15 July, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius attended events dedicated to the 85th anniversary of the legendary flight performed by S. Darius and S. Girėnas across the Atlantic Ocean in Northwest Poland.
The event in the forest of Pscelnik near Myślibórz were also attended by the Minister of National Defence Raimundas Karoblis, delegations from Lithuania and Poland, and representatives of local Lithuanian community, as well as towns in Šilalė District. In his speech, Minister Linkevičius emphasized that the pilots S. Darius and S. Girėnas, who had taken off from the Floyd Bennett Field in New York to bring hope and a message to Lithuania, had become an integral part of the Lithuanian identity. Their deed has also become a symbol of courage, patriotism, and love for their Homeland.
During the event, soldiers of the Honour Guard Company of the Lithuanian Armed Forces performed a ceremonial act by firing three volleys salutes. Pupils from Punsk and Myślibórz performed artistic performances and the Lithuanian Air Force Orchestra played music.
On 15 July, the Metropolitan Archbishop of Szczecin-Kamień Andrzej Dzięga celebrated Mass at the Cathedral Basilica of St James the Apostle in Szczecin. The Metropolitan Archbishop has been awarded the decoration of honour of Lithuania's Ministry of Foreign Affairs – the 'Lithuanian Diplomacy Star' – for merits to Lithuanian diplomacy, his contribution to the development of the relationship between Poland and Lithuania, and for honouring the memory of S. Darius and S. Girėnas.
The commemorative events were organized by the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in Poland and the Honorary Consul in West Pomerania Wiesław Wierzchoś.