- 2019-02-21 On 21 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Poland as part of a delegation led by the Lithuanian President
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 11:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas receives the Ambassador of the French Republic Claire Lignieres-Counathe
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 2:30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Hungarian Minister of State for the European Union Relations Judit Varga
- 2019-02-21 to 2019-02-22 On 21-22 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in an Informal Meeting of Trade Ministers in Bucharest
- 2019-02-22 to 2019-02-23 On 22-23 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Germany
Resistance to threats discussed at the Nordic Conference
At the Nordic Council of Ministers Office in Vilnius on 18 January, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius opened the annual Nordic Conference "Confidence, Cooperation, and Resilience in the Nordic-Baltic Region", which focused on issues and challenges facing the region.
The event is traditionally held in the beginning of the year. It brings together politicians, representatives from the academic community, and embassies, who discuss security of the region, propaganda and public resilience, hybrid threats and energy security issues.
“Our common concern to increase resilience not only in the fight against hybrid threats, but also when aiming to protect the prosperity of our countries and Western values. First of all, it is necessary to raise public awareness,” said the Minister Linas Linkevičius.
The conference on the Nordic-Baltic cooperation is held in Vilnius for the fifth time. Iceland coordinates the Nordic-Baltic Eight (NB8) cooperation in 2019.