- 2019-03-20 On 20 March at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the new Ambassador of Argentina Ana Maria Ramirez
- 2019-03-20 On 20 March at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-03-20 On 20 March at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-03-21 On 21 March at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius delivers a welcome speech at a round table dedicated to the Eastern Partnership
- 2019-03-21 On 21 March at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting at the Seimas
Prospects for development of bilateral relations discussed with Azerbaijan’s new Ambassador
On 16 January, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius met with the new Ambassador of Azerbaijan to Lithuania Tamerlan Garayev.
"Lithuania and Azerbaijan maintain a regular political dialogue, our institutions and citizens cooperate in various fields, but the potential of bilateral economic relations has not yet been fully exploited," said Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister D. Skusevičius, welcoming the Ambassador who had recently arrived in Vilnius. D. Skusevičius expressed hope that the relationship between Lithuania and Azerbaijan would continue to strengthen during the new Ambassador's tenure of office.
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister also drew attention to Lithuania's interest in the development of closer ties between Azerbaijan and the European Union. D. Skusevičius also noted the importance of the Eastern Partnership initiative that marked the 10th anniversary in 2019.
On 16 January, the Ambassador of Azerbaijan presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė. The Embassy of Azerbaijan was established in 2007 in Vilnius. T. Garayev is its third leader.