- 2019-03-21 to 2019-03-22 On 21-22 March, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the European Council in Brussels as part of the delegation led by the President of Lithuania
- 2019-03-22 On 22 March at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Vilnius Security Forum 2019
- 2019-03-22 On 22 March at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in political consultations with the Austrian delegation
- 2019-03-22 On 22 March at 10:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Apostolic Nuncio to Lithuania, Archbishop Pedro López Quintana
- 2019-03-22 On 22 March at 6:15 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Georgia to Lithuania Khatuna Salukvadze
Minister Linkevičius met with a new Ambassador of Japan to Lithuania
On 2 October, Lithuanian Minister of Foreign Affairs Linas Linkevičius, met with the newly appointed Ambassador of Japan to Lithuania, Shiro Yamasaki, who presented his letters of credence to President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė last week.
“A political dialogue between Lithuania and Japan gained a new momentum this year when Prime Minister of Japan Shinzō Abe paid a historical visit to Lithuania. Our countries are united by a similar approach to the solution of global problems therefore we value highly active engagement of the Japanese Embassy in Vilnius in strengthening ties between Lithuania and Japan in business, culture and tourism,” Linas Linkevičius stated.
The Minister said he was glad to note that tourists from Japan were the most numerous group of tourists from the Asian region in Lithuania and invited Ambassador Yamasaki to encourage higher interest of Japanese companies in business and investment opportunities in Lithuania.
The Ambassador emphasised that the agreement between Lithuania and Japan on avoidance of double taxation would enter into force the next year, while the Japan-EU Economic Partnership Agreement to be enacted next year should promote further economic cooperation between Lithuania and Japan.
The participants of the meeting discussed the first meeting of the Baltic-Japan Cooperation Dialogue held in Vilnius a week before, forthcoming bilateral visits and successful preparation of Lithuanian athletes in Hiratsuka for the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Tokyo.
Since 1992, Shiro Yamasaki is the eleventh Ambassador of Japan to Lithuania and the fourth one residing in Lithuania.