- 2019-02-20 On 20 February at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-02-20 On 20 February at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a Government sitting and meeting
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Poland as part of a delegation led by the Lithuanian President
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 11:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas receives the Ambassador of the French Republic Claire Lignieres-Counathe
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 2:30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Hungarian Minister of State for the European Union Relations Judit Varga
Minister L. Linkevičius: The Netherlands contributed significantly to the smooth establishment of the NATO battalion in Lithuania
On 10 August, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius received the outgoing Ambassador of the Netherlands to Lithuania Gijsbert Hendrik Christiaan van der Lingen. At the meeting, the Foreign Minister welcomed Lithuania's continuously expanding relations with the Netherlands, the close cooperation and highest political level contacts – the visit of the Dutch royal family to Lithuania on 13-15 June of this year.
The Foreign Minister thanked the outgoing Ambassador for his solidarity and contribution to addressing security challenges in this part of the Alliance: "The Dutch Embassy contributed significantly to the smooth establishment of the NATO battalion in Lithuania, as well as to the establishment of contacts between the soldiers and the local communities, and the promotion of a bilateral security policy dialogue. You are leaving, but your soldiers will remain for at least another few years, as the Dutch government has decided," said L. Linkevičius, who noted that the Royal Netherlands Air Force was a reliable and permanent participant of NATO's Baltic Air Policing mission.
In the meeting, Lithuania's Foreign Minister also thanked the Ambassador for his personal efforts to promote cooperation and business ties in the field of energy. The Lithuanian-Dutch Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) forum is organized at the Embassy's initiative. The forum presents a useful platform for sharing insights and exchanging experiences, as well as for promoting cooperation also in other energy sectors.