- 2019-01-22 to 2019-01-24 On 22-24 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is visiting Egypt
- 2019-01-23 to 2019-01-26 On 23-26 January, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting London
- 2019-01-23 On 23 January at 1:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is taking part in a Government sitting and meeting
- 2019-01-25 On 25 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the annual conference “Quo Vadis, Europe?”
- 2019-01-25 On 25 January at 11:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is giving a welcome speech at a conference on the occasion of the International Holocaust Remembrance Day
Minister L. Linkevičius meets with the new Ambassador of the Netherlands
On 19 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius received the new Ambassador of the Netherlands to Lithuania Bonnie Pascalle Evelyn Horbach. The meeting focused on the bilateral relationship between Lithuania and the Netherlands. The interlocutors welcomed a successful defense partnership and discussed further possibilities of energy cooperation between the two countries.
Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister also thanked the Netherlands for solidarity and a continued cooperation to address security challenges in the Baltic Sea Region - the Dutch are among the key players in NATO's Enhanced Forward Presence (eFP) in Lithuania. Last year, the Royal Netherlands Air Force conducted the Baltic Air Policing mission from the Lithuanian Air Force Air Base in Šiauliai.
"We have strong support of the Netherlands for strengthening our country and the entire region. You are well aware of the threat posed by Russia‘s aggressive actions that have already caused deaths of nearly 300 innocent Dutch citizens who were aboard MH17. We must join our efforts to discourage Russia from making further hostile actions and ensure collective defense," said L. Linkevičius.
In the meeting, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister also emphasized the importance of our bilateral cooperation in the energy sector. The Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Forum between Lithuania and the Netherlands has been organized on the initiative of the Embassy over the last few years. The forum provides a useful platform for sharing insights and exchanging experiences, aiming at expanding our potential energy cooperation.
"The Embassy of the Netherlands plays a very important role in promoting the bilateral cooperation between our two countries, especially in the field of energy. Bearing in mind the extensive experience of the Netherlands in the LNG sector, the exchange of good practices with this country is very useful, " said Minister Linkevičius.
B. P. E. Horbach presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania on 10 September 2018. Horbach replaced the Ambassador G. Van Der Lingen, who had worked in Lithuania since 2014. Prior to this appointment, the new Ambassador has served as the Consul General of the Netherlands in South Africa.