- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations with Egyptian officials
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending an international high-level trade policy conference “Global Trade – what is in it for us?” at the National Gallery of Art
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is chairing a meeting of the European Committee under the Government of Lithuania
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 9:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Austrian Ambassador Yvonne Toncic-Sorinj
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Kyrgyz Foreign Minister Chingiz Aidarbekov
Lithuania's Foreign Vice-Minister visits Kazakhstan
On 15 October in Astana, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan Kairat Abdrakhmanov and discussed the intensifying ties between the two countries, prospects for bilateral relations, recent positive developments in Central Asia, and thanked K. Abdrakhmanov for helping participants of the Mission Siberia 2018 in Kazakhstan.
Later that day, in consultations with the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan Roman Vasilenko, D. Skusevičius discussed political and economic relations, cooperation within international organizations and multilateral for. Significant attention was also drawn to the EU-Kazakhstan cooperation.
"We welcome the close ties between Lithuania and Kazakhstan. We are aware of the great potential for the development of cooperation, which is not limited just to traditional spheres, such as transport, energy or trade. We are ready to share Lithuania‘s expertise, especially in the areas of economic liberalization, implementation of standards in the fields of education, IT, financial technology, and innovations," said D. Skusevičius.
The interlocutors welcomed the launch of direct flights between Vilnius and Astana in May 2018, and agreed to further exploit the opportunity for cooperation in the field of tourism.
Kazakhstan is an important economic partner of Lithuania in Central Asia. The economic ties between the two countries have grown steadily over the past five years. The countries are cooperating in the fields of transport, logistics, construction, medicine, education, etc.
The participants of the Mission Siberia 2018 visited Kazakhstan's regions Karaganda, Dzhezkazgan and Balkhash, where Lithuanians were deported to Gulag prison camps.