- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 10:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is taking part in political consultations with Egyptian officials
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending an international high-level trade policy conference “Global Trade – what is in it for us?” at the National Gallery of Art
- 2018-11-20 On 20 November at 2:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is chairing a meeting of the European Committee under the Government of Lithuania
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 9:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is meeting with the new Austrian Ambassador Yvonne Toncic-Sorinj
- 2018-11-21 On 21 November at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is meeting with the Kyrgyz Foreign Minister Chingiz Aidarbekov
Lithuania‘s Foreign Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Japanese delegation
On 7 September in Vilnius, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas met with Takanori Kawai, Vice Governor of the Gifu Prefecture in Japan, and members of the business delegation led by Lithuania's Honorary Consul in Japan Yukio Murase. The Japanese delegation came to Lithuania to take part in the 2nd Sugihara Week in Kaunas, a series of events dedicated to the famous Japanese diplomat Chiune Sugihara.
Participants of the meeting highlighted the successful cooperation between the Gifu Prefecture and the Kaunas City Municipality. Lithuania‘s Foreign Vice-Minister also congratulated T. Kawai on organizing the first festival of the Lithuanian culture "Lithuania NOW".
Since 1992, the annual Sugihara Week events have taken place in the Gifu Prefecture to mark the diplomat‘s death anniversary on 31 July. The Gifu Prefecture contributes to the preservation of the Sugihara Memorial Museum in Kaunas, which was hosted by the Consulate of Japan in the interwar period.
"Thanks to Sugihara‘s personality, the Gifu Prefecture has become Japan's region that cooperates with Lithuania most actively. It is very important that mutual ties between the people of Lithuania and Japan should continue to strengthen the partnership between our two states," said N. Germanas.
Lithuania‘s Foreign Vice-Minister also congratulated the Honorary Consul Y. Murase on fulfilling the promise that was made a year ago to initiate a visit of Japanese businessmen to this region of Lithuania and wished him to establish useful business contacts. The Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Crafts in Vilnius and Kaunas organized presentations of business opportunities in Lithuania to members of the Japanese business delegation.
Lithuania‘s Honorary Consulate in the Gifu Prefecture was opened on 14 May 2018.