- 2019-02-21 On 21 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Poland as part of a delegation led by the Lithuanian President
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 11:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas receives the Ambassador of the French Republic Claire Lignieres-Counathe
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 2:30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Hungarian Minister of State for the European Union Relations Judit Varga
- 2019-02-21 to 2019-02-22 On 21-22 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in an Informal Meeting of Trade Ministers in Bucharest
- 2019-02-22 to 2019-02-23 On 22-23 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Germany
Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister meets the new Ambassador of the Republic of Korea, discusses bilateral cooperation
On 30 January, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius met with the new Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to Lithuania Mira Sun, who resides in Warsaw. On the same day, the Ambassador presented her letters of credence to the President Dalia Grybauskaitė.
D. Skusevičius welcomed the excellent relationship between Lithuania and South Korea, their successful cooperation within international organizations, strong ties between universities in both countries, and the growing number of tourists from the Republic of Korea.
“We aim at opening up new opportunities for young people in Lithuania and South Korea, so we are ready to sign a bilateral working holiday scheme agreements already this year,” said the Vice-Minister D. Skusevičius.
The South Korean Ambassador reminded about the meeting between the Lithuanian and South Korean Presidents in Seoul in February 2018. She also briefed about the embassy's planned projects to improve bilateral business relationships and people-to-people contacts.
The Ambassador Mira Sun is the 14th diplomatic representative of the Republic of Korea to Lithuania. The Republic of Korea officially recognized Lithuania on 5 September 1991.