- 2019-02-19 On 19 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2019-02-20 On 20 February at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-02-20 On 20 February at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in a Government sitting and meeting
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Poland as part of a delegation led by the Lithuanian President
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 11:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas receives the Ambassador of the French Republic Claire Lignieres-Counathe
Lithuania's Foreign Minister calls for maintaining focus on Eastern Partnership countries
On 15 October, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius participated in the Eastern Partnership Foreign Ministers meeting, which brought together 28 EU foreign ministers and their counterparts from the 6 Eastern Partnership countries in Luxembourg.
As regards the Eastern Partnership initiative, Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister reiterated Lithuania's position on the necessity of a strategic approach and a long-term vision. According to Linkevičius, it is necessary to strengthen the EU's dialogue with the associated countries, namely Ukraine, Sakartvelo and Moldova, and to ensure better implementation of one of the core principles of the Eastern Partnership – “more for more”– both at the political level and in terms of practical support.
“The meeting of Trade Ministers of Ukraine, Moldova and Sakartvelo in Brussels sets a good example of the implementation of this principle. Organising meetings in such format on issues in other areas provided for in the Association Agreement would significantly contribute to the implementation of the Association Agreements with these countries,” said L. Linkevičius.
2019 will mark the 10th anniversary of the founding of the Eastern Partnership.
For more information about the event, please read here.