- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2018-12-12 On 12 December at 4:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in an opening of the exhibition of drawings and posters by Ukrainian schoolchildren at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 2018-12-12 to 2018-12-16 On 12-16 December, the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė is participating in meetings of the initiative of the Enhanced Partnership in Northern Europe (e-PINE) in Washington, D.C.
- 2018-12-13 On 13 December at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the Government meeting at the Seimas.
Lithuanian and Greek officials discuss opportunities for strengthening their political cooperation
On 28 November, the Lithuania-Greece political consultations were held in Vilnius. The political consultations were led by the Political Directors of the Foreign Ministries of the two countries - Asta Skaisgirytė and Theodoros Georgakelos.
The officials dedicated significant attention to security issues. The meeting discussed the need for strong transatlantic ties, the importance of the EU-NATO cooperation, as well as successful activities undertaken by Lithuania and Greece in the implementation of the Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) projects in the field of cyber security.
As regards the alarming news received from Ukraine on the Russian military action in the Sea of Azov, the officials emphasized that Lithuania viewed Russia‘s actions as a violation of Ukraine's sovereignty, territorial integrity, and fundamental principles of international law, and called for taking all measures to immediately to end them.
According to the Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania, the EU has to strengthen coordination of its actions in countering disinformation. A. Skaisgirytė also presented Lithuania's initiative on the EU's response to disinformation and invited Greece to join it.
The Political Directors also discussed situations in the Middle East and North Africa.