- 2019-02-21 On 21 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Poland as part of a delegation led by the Lithuanian President
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 11:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas receives the Ambassador of the French Republic Claire Lignieres-Counathe
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 2:30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Hungarian Minister of State for the European Union Relations Judit Varga
- 2019-02-21 to 2019-02-22 On 21-22 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in an Informal Meeting of Trade Ministers in Bucharest
- 2019-02-22 to 2019-02-23 On 22-23 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Germany
Lithuanian Ambassador presented her credential letters to Philippe, the King of Belgium
On 25 September, Ambassador of the Republic of Lithuania to the Kingdom of Belgium Rita Kazragienė, presented her letters of credence to King Philippe.
After the ceremony of presenting the letters of credence, the King of Belgium and the Lithuanian Ambassador discussed mutually important cooperation issues in the area of defence and energy.
Belgium is Lithuania’s significant economic partner and ally in the EU and NATO. The two countries share the position on the main European matters. Both countries are united in their aspiration to strengthen the EU economy and the Community’s capability to resist hybrid threats. The countries are engaged in intensive military cooperation in ensuring European and transatlantic security, with the noteworthy Belgian role in the Alliance’s enhanced Forward Presence battalion and the Baltic air policing mission.
Ambassador Rita Kazragienė is the sixth representative of the Lithuanian state in Belgium since Lithuania regained its independence.