- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Foreign Policy and Security Advisor to the German Chancellor Jan Hecker
- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Foreign Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with Japan’s former Administrative Vice-Minister of Defence Masanori Nishi
- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Foreign Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-10-24 On 24 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the conference “Pivot to Asia: Challenges and Opportunities”
- 2019-10-24 On 24 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius gives a welcome speech at the conference on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in the municipalities of Lithuania, Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine
Lithuania supports Finland's fight against hybrid threats
On 9-10 July, the Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Asta Skaisgirytė, takes part in an informal meeting of the EU Political Directors (foreign affairs) in Helsinki, Finland. The EU Political Directors are discussing effective multilateralism, the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy, hybrid threats, the Arctic, and other issues.
"Lithuania supports Finland's aim to focus on the fight against hybrid threats during its Presidency of the Council of the European Union," said Lithuania’s Political Director. Both countries speak up for the Council’s effort to build resilience and better counter hybrid threats by setting up a new working group on hybrid threats.
Participants of the meeting also dedicated considerable attention to transatlantic cooperation.
The informal meeting of the EU Political Directors is held every six months by the Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The meeting discusses important issues relating to the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy.