- 2019-02-22 to 2019-02-23 On 22-23 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Germany
- 2019-02-23 On 23 February at 12:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits the Lithuanian High School in Germany Hüttenfeld
- 2019-02-23 On 23 February at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Honorary Consuls of Lithuania in Germany
- 2019-02-23 On 23 February at 2:45 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends an event at the Lithuanian High School in Germany Hüttenfeld
- 2019-02-24 to 2019-02-25 On 24-25 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the EU-League of Arab States (LAS) summit in Sharm El-Sheikh
Lithuania seeks to ensure that the reform of financing of the EU's external policies should be in line with our and our neighbors‘ common interests after 2020
On 14 September in Brussels, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius participated in political talks on the European Commission‘s proposed reform of financing of the EU‘s external policies.
Lithuania‘s Foreign Vice-Minister called on the EU's institutions and member states to give due weight to the importance of the EU's Neighborhood Policy and its contribution to security and stability of the EU, and its neighboring countries.
"The EU budget reflects the EU‘s policies best of all. Therefore, in order to ensure the overall success of the EU's member states and its neighbors it is necessary to maintain the most adjusted, efficient and independent financial instrument," said D. Skusevičius.
Lithuania‘s Foreign Vice-Minister also suggested aiming together at such a model for financing external policies that would not further complicate the negotiations on the next multiannual financial framework that would provide for necessary funding for other vital spheres.
The participants of the meeting also exchanged their opinions on the need to strengthen the economic partnership between the EU and African countries, as well as the contribution of the EU and its individual member states to the implementation of development cooperation and humanitarian aid measures for countries in turmoil and with on-going armed conflicts.