- 2019-01-22 to 2019-01-24 On 22-24 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is visiting Egypt
- 2019-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the EU-Africa Union ministerial meeting in Brussels
- 2019-01-23 to 2019-01-26 On 23-26 January, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting London
- 2019-01-23 On 23 January at 1:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is taking part in a Government sitting and meeting
- 2019-01-25 On 25 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the annual conference “Quo Vadis, Europe?”
Foreign Vice-Minister Neris Germanas receives the new Turkish Ambassador, discusses economic relations and investment promotion
On 9 January, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas met with the new Ambassador of Turkey to Lithuania Gökhan Turan.
“Lithuania and Turkey have traditionally maintained friendly relations, collaborated on various issues, and enjoyed strong economic and cultural ties. Turkey stands out as a top holiday destination for Lithuanian holidaymakers, and Lithuania has become one of the most popular choices for Turkish students studying abroad,” said the Lithuanian Foreign Vice-Minister Neris Germanas.
According to the Foreign Vice-Minister, although the volume of bilateral trade decreased in 2018, the potential of economic cooperation between Turkey and Lithuania has not yet been fully exploited. The Foreign Vice-Minister expressed hope that the bilateral economic relations would be further strengthened, especially in view of the renewed agreement between the Governments of Lithuania and Turkey on investment promotion and mutual protection. The agreement was signed in 2018.
On the same day, the Turkish Ambassador presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė. G. Turan is the 9th Ambassador of Turkey to Lithuania and the 4th Turkish Ambassador residing in Lithuania since 1991.