- 2019-01-22 to 2019-01-24 On 22-24 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is visiting Egypt
- 2019-01-22 On 22 January, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in the EU-Africa Union ministerial meeting in Brussels
- 2019-01-23 to 2019-01-26 On 23-26 January, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting London
- 2019-01-23 On 23 January at 1:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas is taking part in a Government sitting and meeting
- 2019-01-25 On 25 January at 9:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the annual conference “Quo Vadis, Europe?”
Foreign Minister L. Linkevičius receives Ukraine's Book of Kindness
On 10 January in Vilnius, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Ukrainian Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin, who came to take part in the traditional Snow Meeting of security policy experts.
The two Foreign Ministers discussed topical issues of bilateral cooperation, items on Ukraine's European agenda, and international policy. P. Klimkin briefed L. Linkevičius on the situation in Ukraine, consequences of Russia's ongoing aggression, situations in the Azov Sea and the Port of Mariupol.
Minister L. Linkevičius said that the Foreign Ministers of Estonia, Poland, Lithuania, and Sweden stood in solidarity with Ukraine and voiced their support for the country with regard to the blockade of the Sea of Azov. Thus, the Foreign Ministers intend to visit the Port of Mariupol on 15 January and to meet with heads of the region‘s and city administration.
During the meeting, Ukrainian children presented Ukraine‘s Book of Kindness to the Foreign Minister L. Linkevičius. The international social campaign on kindness was joined by more than 300, 000 Ukrainian children and adults. The book consists of 50 stories about acts of kindness and drawings. The Book of Kindness has already been presented to Pope Francis, the Archbishop of Constantinople and Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I, and heads of foreign states.