- 2018-12-10 On 10 December, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council meetings in Brussels
- 2018-12-10 On 10 December at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the EU Foreign Ministers‘ meeting with the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
EU Ministers discuss future financial architecture for development
On 26 November, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Darius Skusevičius took part in the Foreign Affairs Council (Development) meeting in Brussels. Ministers exchanged their views on the future financial architecture for sustainable development and neighbourhood.
"Irrespective of the financing system of the EU external action, geographical balance and the inclusion of all member states in its practical implementation will have to be ensured, because the success of the common EU foreign policy will primarily depend on this," said D. Skusevičius.
Lithuania's Foreign Vice-Minister called for ensuring that the future financing system would properly reflect the importance of the EU's neighborhood, and that smaller member states would be also maximally involved in the decision-making process.
In the meeting, Lithuanian, Latvian and Estonian representatives spoke in favor of a strict EU response to the Russian Federation‘s aggressive actions on 25 November against Ukraine in the Sea of Azov.
The EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini informed about an EU statement on the situation in the Sea of Azov and plans to convene an emergency meeting at ambassadorial level.
Over working lunch, Ministers discussed gender issues and the fight against violence against women together with Nobel Peace Prize laureates Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege.