- 2019-02-21 On 21 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Poland as part of a delegation led by the Lithuanian President
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 11:00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas receives the Ambassador of the French Republic Claire Lignieres-Counathe
- 2019-02-21 On 21 February at 2:30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas meets with the Hungarian Minister of State for the European Union Relations Judit Varga
- 2019-02-21 to 2019-02-22 On 21-22 February, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius participates in an Informal Meeting of Trade Ministers in Bucharest
- 2019-02-22 to 2019-02-23 On 22-23 February, the Minister Linas Linkevičius visits Germany
EU-League of Arab States ministerial meeting focuses on cooperation issues
On 4 February, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius participated in the 5th EU-League of Arab States (LAS) ministerial meeting in Brussels and highlighted the importance of cooperation between the EU and the LAS aimed at addressing common challenges.
A. Zananavičius noted the need for a greater involvement of the LAS in resolving the Arab-Israeli conflict and aiming to resume the Geneva talks. Lithuania’s Foreign Vice-Minister also stressed the importance of the role of multilateralism in achieving common goals, including the fight against terrorism and organized crime, and in addressing humanitarian and environmental challenges.
The 5th EU-LAS ministerial meeting discussed key issues of cooperation between the EU and the LAS, including strategic, institutional, and regional aspects, ahead of the first EU-LAS summit on 24-25 February in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.